Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

RETURN TO "A CANDLE GLOW ACROSS TIME"

I wish .... I wish I had a remote that would allow me to replay moments in my life.
 "A CANDLE GLOW ACROSS TIME"
With a little practice and a co-operative laptop
 I instantly inserted the picture of this simple little glowing candle onto these pages.
Mmmmm. 
I once mentioned to my children that I can see the image of a cross to the right and above the candle.
Nobody else could see it.
I'm sure they squinted, held the photo at arms distance, tilted heads and squinted trying to see
what I see. 
The Candle was a tiny glimmer of Light ..... and Hope
 in two family celebrations. ....
one the celebration of a tiny baby girl's new life,
the other was to celebrate the new life of her father.
1959, a Baptism, dedication of a child to God,
2009 an acceptance spoken softly to that "little girl".
Softly and hoarse....
"Ok."
And he nodded.
And we celebrated.

1 comment:

Jill said...

That day with all the family snuggled close together in your room with Dad, even then we got to see glimpses of his silly sense of humor, Vicki playing her guitar and singing worship songs, Dad holding your face in his hands and loving you so profoundly, Karen's soft voice reciting Psalm 23, the pale yellow glow of THE candle... so many memories during those weeks engulf me sometimes with such soothing comfort. Thank you, Mom, for helping remember the beauty.