Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012


JUST FOR YOU, MOM!
 Elizabeth Ann "Betty" Kaemerer




A poem I wrote and sent to my Mom on Mother's Day
May 12, 1991
.....................................................



I asked the Lord to give me love,
the love I see in you toward all your children.


I asked the Lord to give me joy,
the joy I've seen in you in small blessings.

I asked the Lord to give me peace,
the peace I've seen in you during the most
uproarious situations.





I asked the Lord to give me patience,
 the patience I've seen in you to see a difficult task completed.


I asked the Lord to give me goodness,
the kind of goodness you and Dad had for each other
and enough left over to share with us.



I asked the Lord to give me kindness,
the kind of kindness you show to strangers.


I asked the Lord to show me gentleness,
the kind of gentleness that comes from your heart and wraps around me......and others.



I asked the Lord to give me perseverence,
the kind of perseverence it took to raise so many children you
can be proud of.



I asked the Lord to give me self control,
the kind of self control it takes to allow me to be who I am
and not try to heal all my wounds,
but be there if my hurts don't heal.






 If I asked the Lord to give me the perfect Mother .....
He would have only one choice - 
that would be you.
..................

I put this Mothers Day
poem in my journal many years ago.
There are a few notes written on the side and bottom
of the page:

"Written for my Mom, Betty Kaemerer on Mothers Day,
May 12, 1991"

"12/23/98  I just read this to Eldon ...
we both got tears in our eyes ....."

"She died Dec. 12, 2005"

Here's to you Mom!





And then she was alone in the cute little house she and Dad built .....

But surrounded by people who loved her....




















And then she was gone. 


With a smile and a toast
we bid you ado ...
but cherish the memories
we have of you.
.......................................................................




No comments: