Translate

Friday, April 22, 2011

"LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES .... AND A SHOEBOX FULL OF OLD PHOTOGRAPHS"

Re-posted and edited from 4/22/11
"Life is like a box of chocolates"
Forrest Gump said.

I agree .... and a shoe box full of old photographs 
tastes as sweet as a box of hidden-away chocolates!   
They were good boys ..... 
some gooder than others. 
Their midnight visits to  
"After Hours Gas Depot Caper" 
could have left them with a bitter sweet after-taste for years.

 A sweet look-alike of our old Hudson.

More tasty tidbit photos to savor in my box of sweet memories .......
Mmmmm ..... the Tank Commander in the middle, "Eddon Tweethot" (family joke).
 The short, macho Marine didn't have a clue about the nice girl he was about to meet and marry.
This little bit of sweetness lasted for 53 years. 
If I close my eyes ....... the memories fade in and out .....
I can still taste the flavors of our lives.
If I touch his hand in this picture ....with just my fingertip....
I can feel his strength . 



And with those hands .....
 the gifts of love placed on my finger....
and the ruby heart to grace my neck.

A chocolate colored heart shaped rock ....
discovered Valentines Day 2015...
It's all I have to give now.
Eldon liked rocks!
I'll bring it with me next time 
Jack and I travel down the hill to the 
Pine Tree, 
and leave it at the tree stump.


I'll make this little trip
on Feb. 28th.
In the meantime .....
I'll hug 
my memories  ....
 close and tight, 
and savor the days we had,
and look forward to taste the days to come.



1 comment:

Karissa said...

Oh nonna your wedding photo is breathtaking! I don't think I've ever seen it before!! You are so beautiful, and he was such a stud! Love you -Karissa