Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

TOY CARS AND TRUCKS .... '38 CHEVY .... MARINE CORP AND TANKS .... AND A 52 BLUE HUDSON


Little boys and their toys. They're happy pushing around an empty Cracker Jack box and making "pfftt  pffttt noises ... you know,  the noise little kids make trying to sound like an engine running very fast and loud.

All too soon the Tonka trucks and Hot Wheels are blazing trails over throw rugs in the living room and sleeping dogs by the fireplace. Scooters then bikes soon enough become the speediest way of getting 10 stitches from trying to wheel up and over a 4 ft. stack of firewood. Like a badge of honor ... "Yep, I got these stitches jumpin' my bike over that stack of wood!"
Stupid boys high five. 
"Stupid boys,"  the girls agree.
Junior High ... tinkering around Dad's garage ... using his tools to fix the frame and forks and pedals and handlebars of the bike that sailed up and ...landed on top of the stack of wood. Crunch.
"Hey," Dad yells from the garage. "Where's my wrenches and sockets and ......those  %^^**&###   KIDS!"
Drivers' licenses.
"Can I borrow the car, Dad?"
"Can I borrow $2.00 for gas, Dad?"
"Could 'ya come and get me Dad? I ran out of gas."

"Hey," Dad yells from the garage. "Where's my wrenches and sockets and .... those %^**&### KIDS!"
How did it happen so fast? Turn around and gone are the Cracker Jack Boxes, Hot Wheels and Tonka Trucks, scooters and bikes .....

"I'm proud of my sons," the Dad admits to a friend. "Marines, both of  'em. And Eldon drives a tank ... yep, he's Tank Commander."
Yeppy ... little boys love their toys ....
the toys just get bigger and louder.



No comments: