Translate

Sunday, May 1, 2011

METAMORPHIS ...STAGES OF RESTING, GROWING, REPRODUCING

NEWS FLASH! Latest update!
A MOST HELPFUL READER
JUST CLARIFIED THAT
WHAT I SAID WAS
A "BUTTERFLY" ON CONNER'S HEAD IS ....
..........................
GASP!

IS ACTUALLY A
MOTH.

Thank you, faithful readers, for keeping me accurate.
But she, who wishes to remain anonymous,
 noted that butterflies and moths go through the same
metamorphis process.
Conner and his butterfly friend...
(ERRR,   MOTH)

Hey, Conner, who's your friend?

One of these creatures in the photo above
has spent it's entire life, up to now,
going through an amazing " metamorphis".

If you know Conner,
you're probably thinking
that he looks almost the same now
as he did a few years ago
when this picture was taken.
He's just gotten bigger.


"Metamorphis" means change of form.
It's the way insects grow and mature. Their lives are divided into separate stages for resting, growing and reproducing.

/Gradual growth vs. growth in stages

Humans grow gradually.
You begin life as a baby and grow a little at a time
until you're an adult.
While you're growing, the basic plan of your body doesn't change.
You have the same body your whole life.

 However....

Insects grow in stages.
The cycle of stages is called
metamorphosis.
For many insects,
the stages are so different from one another
that you might not recognize them
as the same animal.



  
.........................................................................................
Thanks to Pacific Science Center for permitting me to post this information

CAUTION .......
THE BIG GUY IN THE NEXT PICTURE
WAS  UGLY WHEN HE WAS BORN,
GREW  INTO AN UGLY YOUNGSTER,
AND JUST BECAME AN UGLY ADULT.

UNLESS YOU'RE A MOMMY UGLY- SPIDER...
THEN  I IMAGINE HE'S QUITE HANDSOME!


.............................................................................................................

Speaking of
UGLY .............
well, maybe not ugly,
but a bit scarey!


Monica 2011
Observing the metamorphosis of certain insects is fascinating.
The stages of  metamorphosis are not dissimiliar to the grief-stages
after the death of a loved one.
These stages bring us through deeply emotional
 "growth spurts".
Some we linger at for awhile,
others too painful
so we move on.
But linger again
when
strength returns.

..............................
My "Metamorphosis

Many years ago,
when I was still young,
I desired to be free
from the constraints and injuries 
that had bound me as a child.

I closed my eyes,
wrapped my arms tightly around me
as if to pray ........

But the words were unspoken
 as if in a dream .... a wide awake dream.

I was in a safe place,
not dark
where images blend and wave over you
waiting to see
what will be.

I opened my arms wide
as if to fly
and I saw
in my spirit
I had become a
butterfly.

............................................

You'll never
fly
if you don't
jump off  your perch,
spread your wings,
and FLAP!

But I'm still a "butterfly"......
fragile,
yet strong.
Trusting
that I can
 sit atop places,
once too scarey for me
(see Conner's hat above)

Oh Lord,
help me to soar,
to  find sweet blossoms
to nourish and
sustain me
when I have
no
strength
of
my
own.
Thanks, God.
......................................

The purpose of writing this blog continues to be:
WHOW, Widows Helping Other Widows

I welcome comments, advice, and positive ideas from and for widows,
no matter what age.
The most important thing is we grow through this grieving process ..
sometimes with laughter
or tears
prayer
and courage to go on without him.... or her.
Thank you, and I welcome your imput.
Monica




No comments: